* If you want to update the article please login/register
Background: Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death and disability in diabetes. The aim of this research was to determine the prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in people with and without metabolic syndrome in diabetes mellitus. Methods This cross-sectional research was part of Rafsanjan Cohort Study, which is part of the larger PERSIAN study focusing on adults with and without MtS in DM. MtS in 1933 participants was estimated to be 80 percent. Conclusions The prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in DM was high according to our report.
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/PPR/PPR444780
DHPMA concentrations were determined by ultra-high success liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry analysis and further calibrated by urinary creatinine levels. According to the lowest quartile, MetS prevalence in the increasing quartiles of DHPMA concentrations were 1. 14, 1. 29, and 1. 50, respectively, after adjusted for potential risk factors. We also noticed a strong positive correlation between urinary DHPMA levels and hypertriglyceridemia prevalence. These findings revealed that urinary DHPMA was correlated with higher incidence of MetS among Chinese elderly people.
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/35063427
In Malatya, Turkey, the aim of the study was to determine the incidence of metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and other comorbidities in overweight and obese children. We investigated 860 obese and overweight children and adolescents aged 6 to 18 years between 6 and 18 years. The Results Subjects included 113 overweight and 747 obese children, of whom 434 were girls, with 434 being girls. MetS was significantly more prevalent in obese than obese children, and in pubertal than prepubertal children. In the prepubertal and 4. 8 2. 4 in pubertal children, the Mean homeostasis model assessment for insulin ratio was 3. 6 2. 0. T2DM, IFG, and T2DM were found in 124, 19, and 32 cases, respectively, in both cases under oral glucose tolerance testing and T2DM. In 606 cases, Insulin resistance was present.
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/35026882
However, studies on the relationship between HHcy combined with MS and stroke risk in hypertensive patients were lacking. In various models, a multivariable approach was used to investigate the relationship of HHcy or MS with stroke risk. Patients with stroke had elevated plasma total homocysteine levels and a greater incidence of MS. Those with combined HHcy and MS had a greater risk of stroke than those with isolated HHcy or MS. HHcy with MS was correlated with a higher risk of stroke in Chinese adults with elevated blood pressure, which was attributed to a higher risk of stroke. CONCLUSIONS HHcy as a result of elevated blood pressure in Chinese adults with elevated blood pressure.
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/35013090
Although fruit and vegetables consumption is expected to reduce metabolic risk, there are no studies examining relationships between FV intake and metabolic syndrome in older adults, although there are a paucity of studies investigating the connection between FV intake and metabolic syndrome. Lower FV intakes were significantly related to increased MetS prevalence in a population of older community-dwelling adults, while considering time spent being sedentary and health-enhancing PA, according to the main findings, which was not limited to covariates. In addition, we discovered that lower intake of vegetables but not fruits was significantly related to MetS prevalence in higher incidence. Our results demonstrate that adequate intakes of FV as an independent contributor to metabolic health in older adults, as well as public health issues.
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/35057444
Gastric antral vascular ectasia is characterized by angliodysplastic lesions that can cause upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Compared to esophageal hemorrhage patients, we investigated the connection of metabolic syndrome in cirrhotic GAVE patients. Methods We conducted a retrospective review of 941 consecutive esophagogastroduodenoscopies for UGIB at a medical center between 2017 and 2019. The GAVE group was composed of EGD or biopsy-diagnosed cirrhotic GAVE patients, and the EVH group was made up of EVH patients with active bleeding or stigmata of recent hemorrhage on EGD. Continuous variables were compared using Wilcoxon test and categorical variables were compared using Chi-square or Fisher's exact test. The final cohort of 96 GAVE and 104 EVH patients had 96 GAVE and 104 EVH patients, according to the statistics. In GAVE than EVH patients, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis cirrhosis was more common in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis cirrhosis. Conclusion Our results show that cirrhotics patients with EVH have a higher risk of metabolic syndrome than chronic syndrome patients with GAVE.
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34974327
Background Metabolic syndrome is a public health issue in Europe, affecting all age groups. The aim of this research was to compare four different MetS definitions in the Finnish adult population to determine their compliance and examine the effects of MetS' choice of the word. According to the four definitions, measured results on anthropometrics, blood pressure, and biomarkers were used alongside questionnaire results to help classify the participants into the MetS classes. This agreement was almost flawless for JIS vs. JIS, strong for JIS vs. NCEP-ATP III, moderate for IDF vs. NCEP-ATP III, WHO vs. JIS vs. WHO vs. JIS vs. JIS, according to various MetS metrics, estimated using kappa coefficients, was almost flawless for IDF vs. JIS, which was nearly perfect for IDF vs. Conclusions: The differences between observed MetS prevalence in Finnish men and women using various MetS terms were substantial.
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34949223
The presence and influencing factors of metabolic syndrome in Chinese patients aged 20 to older were investigated. MetS was based on the National Cholesterol Education Programme Adult Treatment Panel III criteria, which were used to identify MetS. Specifically, the standardised prevalence of elevated waist circumference, elevated blood pressure, and low serum concentrations of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol was 40. 8%, 41. 4 percent, and 41. 1%. [odds ratio 1. 773, 95% CI = 1. 809-1. 840]; older age; living in north China; higher body mass index; and current smoking status : these are all related to MetS: female [odds ratio = 1. 773, 91, 1. 080, and 1. 123]; family history of diabetes; and recent smoking status ; The prevalence of MetS among Chinese residents aged 20 years or older is on the rise, particularly among women, people aged 45 years or older, and urban residents.
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34960027
Erythroderma psoriasis, a rare and serious form of psoriasis, is a chronic inflammatory skin disease that most commonly occurs as a result of cardiovascular disease. In the Chinese population, EP and MetS are linked. The aim of this research was to find out if there was any connection between EP and MetS. Between 2013 and 2018, we performed a retrospective review of 86 consecutive patients with EP and 100 healthy controls from Huashan Hospital. MetS in erythrodermic psoriatic patients was 88. 3 percent, much higher than that of controls. Chronic psoriatic patients had a higher risk of MetS elements such as abdominal obesity, dyslipidemia, and hypertension, although hyperglycemic patients had similar hyperglycemia. Patients with mild EP, patients with moderate-to-severe EP, and blood pressure increased body mass index, waist circumference, and blood pressure. In patients with EP, the incidence of MetS and its components was higher in patients with EP. We concluded that the prevalence of MetS and its components was higher in patients with EP.
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34970217
Objectives: To determine if occupation type, which is characterized by socioeconomic status and sedentary status, is related to metabolic syndrome risk, it is important to determine metabolic syndrome risk. MetS was determined according to the terms of the newly updated Adult Treatment Panel III's criteria. In three age-stratified subgroups, multiple logistic regression was used to identify significant risk factors for MetS. All statistical reports were carried out using R software for Windows. MetS risk among participants aged 40 years, where MetS incidence was low at 6. 3 percent, had a non-sedentary occupation reduced MetS risk. Conclusions The effect of job type on MetS risk differs among age groups.
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34903529
* Please keep in mind that all text is summarized by machine, we do not bear any responsibility, and you should always check original source before taking any actions