Advanced searches left 3/3

Air Pollution - MedlinePlus Genetics

Summarized by Plex Scholar
Last Updated: 08 May 2022

* If you want to update the article please login/register

Lung cancer

Most people who have long-term tobacco use have a history of long-term smoking; however, the condition can also occur in people who have never smoked. When viewing under a microscope, lung cancer is generally divided into two types, small cell lung cancer and non-small cell lung cancer. Small cell lung cancer accounts for 85 percent of lung cancer, while small cell lung cancer accounts for the remaining 15 percent. Small cell lung cancer is quickly growing, and in more than half of cases, the cancer has spread beyond the lung by the time the disease is recognized. Non-small cell lung cancer tumors are divided into three main subtypes: adenocarcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and large cell lung carcinoma. Non-small cell lung cancers that do not appear to be adenocarcinomas or squamous cell carcinomas are included in this group.

Source link: https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/lung-cancer


Benign essential blepharospasm

Essential blepharospasm of the eyelids is a condition that is characterized by abnormal blinking or spasms of the eyelids. Benign's primary blepharospasm is different from the common, temporary eyelid twitching that can be caused by exhaustion, strain, or caffeine. Those with benign essential blepharospasm typically appear in mid- to late adulthood and gradually worsen. These signs can arise in one eye, but they can also affect both eyes. Those people who have impacted people are finding it difficult to keep their eyes open, which can result in severe vision impairment. The signs of dystonia extend beyond the eyes to other facial muscles and muscles in other areas of the body, and in more than half of all people with benign essential blepharospasm. Meige syndrome is a medical disorder that causes non-essential blepharospasm in addition to involuntary muscle spasms that affect the tongue and jaw.

Source link: https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/benign-essential-blepharospasm

* Please keep in mind that all text is summarized by machine, we do not bear any responsibility, and you should always check original source before taking any actions

* Please keep in mind that all text is summarized by machine, we do not bear any responsibility, and you should always check original source before taking any actions