Advanced searches left 3/3

Air Pollution - MedlinePlus Genetics

Summarized by Plex Scholar
Last Updated: 08 August 2022

* If you want to update the article please login/register

Lung cancer

The majority of people with lung cancer have a history of long-term nicotine use, but some people who have never tried cigarettes have been diagnosed. When viewing under a microscope, lung cancer is generally divided into two categories, small cell lung cancer and non-small cell lung cancer. For 85 percent of lung cancer, non-small cell lung cancer accounts for 85 percent of lung cancer, while small cell lung cancer accounts for the remaining 15 percent. About one year after diagnosis, the majority of people with small cell lung cancer live for about 1 year; less than 80% live for five years. Non-small cell lung cancer is divided into three main subtypes: adenocarcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and large cell lung carcinomas are all included. Non-small cell lung cancers that do not appear to be adenocarcinomas or squamous cell carcinomas are included in a large cell carcinoma complex.

Source link: https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/lung-cancer


Benign essential blepharospasm

Essential blepharospasm is a condition that is characterized by abnormal blinking or spasms of the eyelids. Benign's primary blepharospasm is different from the common, temporary eyelid twitching that can be triggered by exhaustion, stress, or caffeine. The signs and symptoms of benign essential blepharospasm typically appear in mid- to late adulthood and then progressively worsen. As the disease progresses, muscle spasms around the eyes can cause involuntary winking or squinting. Affected individuals have an increasing difficulty keeping their eyes open, which can result in severe vision impairment. The signs of dystonia were found outside the eyes and extended to other facial muscles and muscles in other areas of the body in more than half of all people with benign essential blepharospasm. When people with benign essential blepharospasm also experience involuntary muscle spasms affecting the tongue and jaw, the combination of signs and symptoms is termed Meige syndrome.

Source link: https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/benign-essential-blepharospasm

* Please keep in mind that all text is summarized by machine, we do not bear any responsibility, and you should always check original source before taking any actions

* Please keep in mind that all text is summarized by machine, we do not bear any responsibility, and you should always check original source before taking any actions