Advanced searches left 3/3

Acoustic Speech Features - Europe PMC

Summarized by Plex Scholar
Last Updated: 05 February 2022

* If you want to update the article please login/register

The Reproducibility of Bio-Acoustic Features is Associated With Sample Duration, Speech Task, and Gender.

Speech analysis of psychiatric disorders is increasingly important thanks to bio-acoustic capabilities of speech. Accessing a sufficient speech sample length to measure these properties is vital, but the effect of sample length on bio-acoustic stability has yet to be investigated more thoroughly. We wanted to investigate bio-acoustic features' repeatability in a variety of speech durations and tasks. We compared features at 25 percent of the total sample time of the study to those obtained from non-overlapping randomly selected sub-samples shortened to 75%, 50%, and 25 percent of the total duration using intraclass correlation coefficients for 25 percent, 50 percent, and 25 percent of total duration. We also compared the features extracted from complete recordings to those measured at 25 percent of the duration and features obtained from 50% of the duration. We also compared features extracted from reading-a-story to counting tasks. Around 97% of features in both genders were not reproducible across speech tasks, in part due to the short counting task duration.

Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/35038295


Listener Detection of Objectively Validated Acoustic Features of Speech in Huntington's Disease.

Background explains how speech motor function and cognition improve before and within the diagnosis of Huntington's disease. On a reading task, listeners discovered abnormal speech in PreHD compared to healthy speakers on a reading task, which was related to a slower speech rate from acoustic analysis and a lower cognitive performance score. Expert listeners and experts' experience in PreHD differs in sound and voice acoustic characteristics, as well as some acoustically-derived objective speech goals. PreHD's slower speech rate suggests improved oral motor control and/or subtle cognitive deficits that begin early in childhood, which are often related to diagnosis. Speakers with EarlyHD displayed more silences than those with PreHD and control groups, raising the likelihood of a correlation between speech and cognition that is not fully described in HD.

Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34974436

* Please keep in mind that all text is summarized by machine, we do not bear any responsibility, and you should always check original source before taking any actions

* Please keep in mind that all text is summarized by machine, we do not bear any responsibility, and you should always check original source before taking any actions