* If you want to update the article please login/register
"Curcumin is a natural polyphenolic phytoingredient. " The CU analog, 3,5-bis-1-propanoylpiperidin-4-one displayed high consistency, safety, and more potent antiproliferative activity against hepatocellular carcinoma. U00b1 1. 08 nm, 111. 68 1. 2 nm, and a biphasic diffusion pattern extended over 24 h, with EE%, ZP, and PS of 90. 21 mm. Bs were tested for safety against a non-cancerous cell line and for anticancer activity against the Huh-7 human hepatocellular carcinoma cells and in comparison to the standard anticancer drug doxorubicin. The anticancer selectivity index of PIP-loaded BLs was 420. 55 against Huh-7 liver cancer cells, much higher than a CU suspension or the Dox. PIP was roughly similar to Dox in terms of anti-proliferative activity. Compared to the parent CU, the PIP-loaded BLs showed increased drug solubility and improved anticancer activity, as well as improved anticancer function, with reduced toxicity and higher selectivity against Huh-7 liver cancer cells.
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/35243951
"Methods A 2u00d72 partial factorial controlled trial in eligible ECMO patients without a single hint or resistance to either therapy is randomly assigned to early or conventionally randomized CRRT, beta-blocker, or standard care. " A total of 496 people found a 20% chance reduction in mortality at 30 days with 5% type I error, with a total of 496 participants providing 80% proof. 2018013" by the Ethics Committee of Beijing Anzhen Hospital's Approval ID is 2018013. ".
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/PPR/PPR503325
"Background Intramuscular antitoxin therapy is used in tetanus therapy, but there are no studies comparing human and equine preparations. " Tetanus toxin occurs in the CNS, where peripherally administered antitoxin has a low prevalence; thus, intrathecal antitoxin administration may lead to improved clinical outcomes in comparison to intramuscular injection. Methods of Entry Both patients aged 16 years or older with a medical diagnosis of generalised tetanus were admitted to the Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, were eligible for study admission in a 2 u00d7 2 factorial trial. Participants were randomly assigned first to 3000 IU human or 21 000 U equine intramuscular antitoxin, then to either 500 IU intrathecal human antitoxin or sham therapy. 136 people were randomly allocated to sham procedure and 136 to antitoxin, and 136 to antitoxin; in the intramuscular allocation, 109 people were randomly assigned to equine antitoxin and 109 to human antitoxin. At a previous hospital, antitoxin was administered, but it was not included in the intramuscular antitoxin group. 48 of 107 patients assigned to human antitoxin received mechanical ventilation compared to 48 of 108 patients randomized to equine antitoxin, 48 of 108 patients were divided to equine antitoxin. 16 of 108 people selected for equine intramuscular antitoxin were distoxin, and 17 of 109 people selected to human antitoxin had adverse events owing or possibly related to the intervention. paraphrase antitoxin therapy in tetanus treatment, we found no benefit of intramuscular human antitoxin over intramuscular toxin. The Intrathecal antitoxin therapy was safe, but it did not provide much in comparison to the intramuscular antitoxin therapy. ".
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/35561721
"In type 1 diabetes, there is a need to optimize closed-loop automated insulin delivery. " empagliflozin 25 mg d -1, as an add-on therapy to insulin delivery with a closed-loop system, was evaluated for glycemic efficiency and safety. Emagliflozin, compared to placebo, increased time in target range with closed-loop therapy by 7. 2% and 11. 4% in SAP therapy by 11. 4%. Compared to SAP therapy plus empagliflozin, the combination of closed-loop therapy plus empagliflozin rose time in target range by 6. 1% but by 17. 5% relative to SAP therapy plus placebo. Although no diabetic ketoacidosis or severe hypoglycemia occurred during any intervention, uncomplicated ketosis events were more common on empagliflozin. Empagliflozin 25 mg d -1, a systemic insulin delivery, improves glycemic stability, but it raises ketone concentration and ketosis in comparison to placebo. ".
Source link: https://europepmc.org/article/MED/35551290
* Please keep in mind that all text is summarized by machine, we do not bear any responsibility, and you should always check original source before taking any actions